Laughter yoga is a wonderful way to uplift and connect with community.
During winter when the days are shorter and colder it can be a great way to lift the spirits and enjoy fun with others. The session will involve breathing exercises, movement to warm up the body and fun, laughter exercises finished with a delicious, long relaxation. Laughter yoga’s uplifting and light nature increases positive feelings in us. Allowing us to play in a childlike manner and not take ourselves too seriously. We can let go of our inhibitions.
Laughter Yoga is based on pranayama (yogic breathing exercises) which uses techniques of diaphragmatic breathing. Increasing our lung capacity and oxygen levels to the brain which in turn improves our mental clarity, which has a good effect on how we function in our daily lives. Even in cases where real laughter is not achieved, physiologically your body knows no different so the benefits are still enjoyed!
Benefits of Laughter yoga include:
- Helps create a positive energy and eliminates negative emotions
- Reduces stress and tension
- Promotes good sleep, aids relaxation
- Releases endorphins (the “happy” hormone)
- Exercises our abdominal, stomach and pelvic floor muscles
- Improves creative thought
- Relieves anxiety
- Increases oxygen
Cost NZD $30.00